Saturday

Calmer--Jazz for the New Generation

Jazz is a genre that I've always been intimidated by. Maybe it's the technicality, the vocabulary, or the aura of genius its artists have. Calmer, aka Collin Palmer, an electronic composer based out of Brooklyn bridges the gap for me. He has an interesting method of mixing live instrumentation with electronically composed parts, proof that technology in music composition is not something to be afraid of. Music is a great way to express emotion. I can't put a finger on what emotions I get from his tracks, except I get the same feelings as when I'm bombing the canyon on my longboard with good friends. Listen to the track below to get a feel for what I'm trying to say :)


His EP, "Past is Present" can be bought here for a meager $3.99


First Rays of the New Soma Sunrise:

0 comments: